Printing Technology – Still, the Print holds good. Despite the onslaught internet, it is the Print world that creates several steady-flow of jobs. Most of these modern printing technology can be used in our online world. So, we are happy to announce our course on “Printing Technology and Production Courses.”
For many designers, sending a job to the printer is a mystifying (and expensive) process of trial and error.
To manage a print job effectively, you must understand how print shops work, how to communicate with them, and how to identify the best design solution for your budget.
In this 6-lesson course, you can learn the technical fundamentals of producing professional-looking print publications. Through detailed lessons and hands-on exercises, you’ll learn what you need to know at every step of the printing process. You’ll learn to choose papers and Pantone inks, modify your materials and processes based on a budget, use Adobe InDesign to prepare designs for print, manage the phases of the production workflow, and most importantly produce high-quality work.
COURSE OBJECTIVES:Students learn how to:
- Identify the roles involved in print production and the step-by-step processes in managing a print project.
- Identify steps of printing a commercial project using offset lithography.
- Use InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop to effectively manage files in a print document.
- Identify and select appropriate options for binding, inks, paper, varnishes, and special printing processes.
- Choose spot colors, simulate spot colors with CMYK, and create color tints and mixed inks.
- Write effective creative briefs and print specs that reflect client goals, printing requirements, scheduling, and budget constraints.
- Locate and select appropriate local printers and online printers and solicit a print estimate.
- Translate print specifications into a complete design using PANTONE swatches, color management, photo preparation, and print techniques including special effects.
- Address client changes to the budget and to the content of a print job.
- Decrease the cost of a print job by adjusting colors or materials.
- Finalize text content using InDesign typography and character techniques.
- Preflight a print project, checking for and resolving issues with color, files, and resolution.
- Create packages and PDFs of print jobs to send to a printer.
- Identify steps in the prepress, proofing, and press check processes involved in completing a print job.
- Print-oriented Calligraphy basics.
Register your name to join our course. If you need any more info about our courses, fee details and payment method, you can call us or mail us. Our representative will attend your call immediately with required details.
You May Also Like To Learn Other Courses: